Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Lawyer and the Magic Kingdom

   Although I didn't have a bidded post, a post that I applied for and where I worked every day, I did work the Magic Kingdom on occasion.
   One afternoon I was working swing shift at the front entrance to Magic Kingdom when I was dispatched to the Guest Services building at the front. I was informed that there was a man making a disturbance.
   Dutifully I went over and approached the man with open palms extended and asked, "Good afternoon sir, how can I help you?"
   Well, he proceeded to tell me quite loudly that Walt Disney World was not allowing him to add days on his ticket or something like that and that he was an attorney in New York and knew his rights. He was getting closer to me and getting in my face as it were, but I stood there and didn't move. You know, kind of like a baseball manager and an umpire.
   As I'm looking up at this tall rather angry man, I noticed in my peripheral vision a group of fellow Security Hosts standing discreetly around us.
   Then the guy did something that I wasn't expecting, using two fingers of each hand, he pushed my shoulders and said something like, "What are you going to do about it?"
  Well, as I made a quick thought as to a response and before I could answer, he did it again! His version of the two finger point, I guess.
   That's when the sherrif's deputy arrived at my right side and said to me, "Officer what would you like me to do? I just witnessed two counts of assault and battery, but I leave it to you." The deputy said this while never taking his eyes off of the guy who was now looking back and forth between me and the deputy.
   Beyond this guy was a woman holding a child by the hand in each of her hands. She looked absolutely horrified or scared, it could have been both.
   "Well, deputy, I think this gentleman should rejoin his family and have a Magical Day."
    The guy went with his wife and entered the park but not before trying to say something and the deputy held up a hand and said, "You heard the officer, have a magical day."
   The lawyer looked at me and realized he wasn't going to win that case and went to his wife and
children. She lit into him and I actually felt sorry for him.
   As we dispersed the Security Hosts went back to their posts and the deputy started going back to where he came from, but not before telling me that he was robbed.
   I looked at him and asked him what he meant.
   "I really wanted to arrest that guy and take him to Railroad St. (the Orlando jail), I was robbed," he said with a smile.
   Three hours later after the front end had closed several Security Hosts and I went inside the park to be a visible presence and that's when I saw them. They were over by Toontown Fair and I guess the kids were on a ride and she was still going at him! I never saw a guy look so defeated. Lawyers.

  


  



















No comments:

Post a Comment